- All files must have an Apache copyright header at the top of the file.
- Code should be removed rather than commented out.
- All public functions should have javadoc comments.
- Always use braces to surround branches.
- try-finally should be avoided.
- All files must have an 80 character maximum line length.
- Indentation should be 2 spaces.
- Files should use spaces instead of tabs.
- Wrapping lines
- Break after a comma.
- Break before an operator.
- Prefer higher-level breaks to lower-level breaks.
- Align the new line with beginning of the expression at the same level
on the previous line.
- If the above rules lead to confusing code, just indent 8 spaces.
- One variable declaration per a line.
- Packages should be all lowercase.
- Java code should be in
org.apache.mnemonic, except for compatibility classes
- Classes should be in mixed case.
- Variables should be in camel case.
- Constants should be in upper case.